Experience and Expertise Summation
Professional Admissions and Associations
Member of Washington State Bar Association since 1980 Admitted to:
- U.S. Federal District Court (Eastern and Western Districts of Washington).
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit.
- Juris Doctor – Gonzaga University Law School – 1979.
- Bachelor of Arts – University of Washington – 1976.
- High School – Queen Anne – 1972 , Seattle Washington.
- Over 30 years of experience defending accused persons in all of Washington’s courts with special emphasis on Superior Court Felonies as well as DUI/DWI’s Misdemeanors and Traffic Infractions at the District Court Level.
- Mr. Smith has represented individuals throughout Washington State from Bellingham to Vancouver and Hoquiam to Spokane in both Superior and District Court.
- Mr. Smith litigates all manner of cases within his field of understanding. Given his long-term relationship with King County Bar, he refers a number of cases outside of his “strike zone” to members of the Bar whom he trusts.
- Principal Attorney Law offices of Stephen G. Smith – Present.
- Judge Pro-Tem – King County District Court, Bellevue Division, Northeast Division, Issaquah Division, Kirkland Municipal Court, 1985 – 2000.
- Sole Practitioner 1980 – 2002 , 2009 – Present.
- Principal Attorney Smith Brown Sterling 2002 – 2008.
- Former Public Defender – City of Duvall 1985 – 1990.
Memberships and Activities
- Currently Mr. Smith is a member of Eastridge Christian Assembly. He has served for over 20 years in the church as a Sunday school teacher striving to teach and encourage young people with life lessons.
- Royal Rangers Kids Camp. Mr. Smith has been involved with RRKC as both a coach and camp director. This summer camp offers a one-week camp experience to underprivileged and foster-care children.
- Professional Ski Instructors of America, Level III certification. Mr. Smith is a training director for Mini Mountain Ski school and a race coach for CMAC.
- Mr. Smith remains committed to youth development and formerly coached high school football at Eastlake High School where he did so for a number of years.